April 09, 2008

music: radiohead

Radiohead is coming to Toronto on August 15, 2008.  Tickets go on sale this Friday @ 10am. I missed them when they came in 2001.  I missed them before that for their OK computer tour.  They probably came sometime between then and now.  Yes.  But here they are with In Rainbows, and I absolutely cannot miss them.

I love musical groups.  Concerts are inspiring, seeing these artists perform in a way that touches an entire room, hall or stadium of people is amazing.  The performances and the atmosphere just spells itself into a mind-bending touch of joy.  And, well, Radiohead has been in my collection for a longgg time.  Ha ha, don't I feel old now?  I especially love OK Computer: Karma Police, Paranoid Android... it's too good.

Radiohead is very progressive.  They are hosting an animation contest for a music video here.  I am deciding whether I will devote countless hours, to submit to this contest.  It would definitely be fun, frustrating and creative all rolled up like a California Roll.  In any case, this concert is way too exciting!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you posted this, because I've been vaguely entertaining the idea of making a video, too. I saw Radiohead at Coachella in 2004. The ultimate roadtrip - amazing! Oh, the things one can do pre-baby!