April 28, 2008

What is this surprise?

Where to begin?  Around 2.5 weeks ago, Laura-Jean of Fresh Baked Goods and the Fresh Collective saw my Etsy Shop.  First, she bought a print (yay!).  And then she asked me if I'd be interested to put my artwork in her store.  This was a very exciting moment, and I am pleased to say that as of Sunday, my prints are now available in the Fresh Collective.  There are a few really cool things about this:

1.  I already knew of the Fresh Collective because Queen West in Toronto is my absolutely favorite area of the city
2.  Fresh Collective is a very local scene store, supporting local artists; I really like this idea, a la Deep Economy

That's my surprise!  On the weekend, Kittie, Mackenzie and I traveled down to the store, and gave LJ a large selection of the prints, a display box and some framed photos for her store.  She set it up, and let me know how things were going today. :)

I love doing creative work.  It is very inspiring!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! I can't wait to visit the next time I'm home! Is that enough !!!s for ya? Okay, one more: very cool!

mushroommeadows said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! That is quite a wonderful surprise! GREAT JOB!!!